Sushi Chef (Seasonal)
Company: Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa
Location: Palm Beach
Posted on: September 19, 2019
Mizu, Tideline s in-house sushi restaurant, features the freshest
sustainable fish expertly prepared by seasoned chefs. Guests can
dine on this seasonal treat under the palm trees and soft lights on
the oceanside terrace or in the sleek and stylish interior sushi
bar. A daily menu capitalizes on seafood options for an unrivaled
sushi with the ideal temperature, acidity, texture and
Mizu is open from November through Mid-May.
Responsibiliies includ planning and managing the kitchen staff in
the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all
food for Mizu in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms
to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable,
competitive, quality products.
* Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all
food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a
quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI
* Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of
the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates
while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule,
train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct
performance and salary reviews, provide open communication
vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
* Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen,
equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work
environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and
franchise standards and regulations.
* Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare
the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are
met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
* Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities
and related expenses.
* Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and
implementation of seasonal and special menus.
* Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
* Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is
* Five+ years of employment in a related position.
* Hotel experience preferred.
* Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge
required for management of people and/or complex problems and food
and beverage management.
* Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
* Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals.
* Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, Doral , Sushi Chef (Seasonal), Hospitality & Tourism , Palm Beach, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!